Sunday, July 17, 2011

Good Cookies


The weather's been almost cool, so I've been baking! Last year, my sister-in-law and nephew came out for a wonderful Spring-Break visit. We spent a lot of time at the beach, of course, and one of our discoveries was the Brown Butter Cookie Company in Cayucos. Their Brown Butter Seal Salt cookies were so good that we repeatedly shelled out a dollar for about two bites of salty-sweet deliciousness. I immediately went on a quest when I got home to find a similar recipe, which I did and had some success with. I was never completely happy though. The dough was a little dry, and they just didn't taste like the originals. A few weeks back, I did a little search again and found a new recipe from Yummy Mummy. I will buy cookies from Brown Butter Cookie Company again, but I really don't have to.





The weather here in Central California really has been wonderful for the last week or so, but still not wool-sock-knitting weather. I still finished my Friday Harbor Socks after my perfunctory re-knitting of the toes about three times since I forget once again to record my alteration of the original pattern. I shouldn't even post that admission since I seem to do it every time I knit socks, and it's getting kind of pitiful. I've resolved that next time I knit some socks, I'll keep a little notebook nearby to record those little changes that I never ever remember once I get to the second sock.

3 comments:

TheBlackSheep said...

Ahhhh, how many times have I made that same resolution. And funnily enough, always when I get to the second sock.

I was wondering if y'all had broken out the woolens yet! I don't think I remember ever seeing temps like that at this time of year. Enjoy!

marit said...

That's why I like magic loop...

Great socks,love the pattern and the colour:-)

Anonymous said...

I always write down my knitting as I go, so that the second sock, sleeve, whatever matches the first one ...... but then I used to sell handknits, so the bits had to match!!