Monday, April 02, 2007

Same Cat, Different Box


It's been over two weeks since I posted last, and I don' have much to say about knitting. As seems to happen to me..and many others, I'm sure, I got sick in the middle of a very stressful couple of weeks. It was the end of the quarter at school; I was applying for a job at the college; I had a bunch of "skin of my teeth" deadlines to make for my Master's thesis if I wanted to have everything complete by August and the beginning of the college job....if I get it...or take it; and oh let's see,... my daughter let me know that she has not overcome the eating disorder that she had in 7th just as her usually not that perceptive father had been telling me he has suspected recently...She and I have discussed the pros and cons of her "perfectionism" a lot, (of course, I'm proud of the straight "A"s, athletic accomplishments, etc, but....) I'm not sure how helpful her doctor will be, but I'm taking her in to talk to her a least. She came by the binging part honestly since I've done that for most of my life, but I've simply settled for being twenty pounds overweight even though I run four miles a day. Yep, I think that's about it. I think I'll go crazy if her "easy" brother develops any problems. He asked me today what "Happy-go-Lucky" means, and I said, "It's you!"

Now, back to knitting. I had such a bad cold a week and a half ago that I didn't even feel like knitting. I only took one day off work, but I WAS sick. I laid on the couch most of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday last week, just sleeping, blowing my nose, wiping my eyes...sleeping... AND watching four hours straight of Deadliest Catch. I thought at first that I only watched it because I was too sick to find the remote, but I watched it last night again, and I really like it. I can't really explain why. I don't think it's because I want to be on a crab boat. Maybe it's in the same category as me liking moutain climbing books even though I hate heights and would never mountain climb.

So, now let me really discuss knitting. I knit a sock last month and started its mate. Half-way through, I discovered that I was using a different color pink! I have way too much pink, obviously. Now, I've lost the drive to finish, even though the shades are obviously very close. I've started this and that since then, but am pretty much uninspired. I almost went to the
LYStoday, But how can I justify that when my house in full of this?


2 comments:

Knittings Nice! said...

Hey hope you feel better soon and your daughter is Ok...and that is some stash but hey one can always justify more yarn.

Julie said...

I hate having the knitting blahs.