Thursday, July 19, 2007

Now That was a Hiatus

So how do you get started blogging after such a long break?? It's funny because I was blogging pretty regularly when I was so busy with school and finishing my paper. I was just too worn out to be very creative for a while

We're just back from two weeks in Nebraska, which I know that some people would not consider a prime vacation spot, but we love it. My husband is from Lincoln, so we spend a lot of time there. We usually spend time visiting college friends too, but this year we didn't get to see too many people BUT my kids were happy because that meant more time with their cousin. I didn't take too many pctures but one day we headed off for an adventure at Mahoney State Park between Lincoln and Omaha. It was nearly 100 degrees and predictably the pool there, which is more like a water park than a pool, was packed, so we headed to the "Walter Scott look-out tower at the park. My sister-in-law pulled into her parking space and discovered....that she had a flat. While she and Russ worked in the infernal heat, I climbed to the top of the tower and enjoyed the view!






I did get a little knitting done too, but I'll have to show that off tomorrow. Lincoln finally has a nice little knitting shop, so i had to spend a little time and money there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo glad you're back!! You were missed! Nice to a little of what you were up to all this time ;o) What a great place!

Tracy Batchelder said...

Sounds and looks like you got the better end of the deal that day. I'd rather be on a hike than changing a tire.