Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A Little Milestone

My son is thirteen years old. He's pretty indedpendent, but I still think of him as my baby...since he is. This morning, he left at 6:00 A. M. to go on a four-day fieldtrip to San Diego. He's never been away from home for that long. In fact, the longest he's been away from us has been spending the night at a friend's house. It was little lonley coming home from work today with no Kai lying on the couch snuggling with his dogs and eating an after-school snack. I only texted him a couple times today. I'm glad he's not leaving for college for four years yet.

I thought it would be fun for me to send my little rabbits to my sister's kids in a pretty "package," so, I'm knitting a little purse. It's a free pattern that I discovered on Ravelry , but it's also availabe from Knitting Pattern Central. I'm just about ready to felt it. I'll reserve judgement about how I feel about it until I'm finished with the felting, but I'm thinking I will be happy with the end product.

9 comments:

Willow said...

When my youngest went away to college, she still called home almost daily and came home on almost every weekend.

Can't wait to see what the bag looks like. I have two very special felted bags I use all the time. I am partial to the felted look.

monica said...

I am sure he will do fine and have fun. It is so hard to let them go away on trips like that. I think it is harder on us than on them.

I love the colors you are using for the bag. And thos bunnies are adorable. I bet they will love them.

Tracy Batchelder said...

I bet your son is having a good time. He'll be home soon. But, prepare yourself. Four years will go by quickly and it sure is quiet around the house when the baby goes off to college.

The purse is going to be cute. I like your use of color.

Janice said...

I'm sure he'll have a great time, and somehow mom will survive as well!! Enjoy the next 4 years.. they will fly by.

Julie said...

Letting go is the hardest thing, especially when they are so young! But what's even harder is letting them back in once you are used to them being gone. As in, you're a college graduate - get your own place! But Kai looks adorable and young and I'll bet he has the time of his life.

Ally Jay said...

My boy's 18 and if I know he's going on a night out I still get him to text when he's safely home again. What's worst is he's in the navy so I should really let go.

marit said...

I'm sure he's had a great time! But it IS hard to let go...
Your bag looks great:-)

Jimberlys said...

I am wondering if you could tell me where you found your pattern for the sweater you have on your bunny? It is really cute and it doesn't look like anything in the Fuzzy Mitten book.
I would greatly appreciate your help.
Patty
jnp1982@msn.com

Russell said...

A lamb picture.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82194366@N00/2471014125/in/photostream/