Saturday, February 19, 2011

Can You Spell Indecision?

After trying three other socks patterns and investing a significant number of hours knitting and unraveling, I decided to use limedragon's insidious socks  with my new yarn. I'm not absolutely in love with these socks, but I'm happy. I always think of "insidious" as being closely related with "evil," and the cable for these socks isn't close to being evil. It's not even much of a challenge. It's just a nice cable. I'm sure that more fastidious knitters than I wouldn't be happy with the striping at the heel, but I think it looks fine, and I do still love this yarn.  I'm a little concerned that I feel a bout of SSS coming on though. I've been browsing toddler sweater patterns since I hinted to my niece that I was going to knit your little girl a sweater. I wouldn't want to be considered a tease, after all.


7 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

I love the way the cable leads into the foot. I think they are coming out very nicely.

Rani said...

I really like that cable, too. It makes that interesting split right there at the bottom.

Willow said...

I like the cable--it reminds me of the 'clocks' in old fashioned British socks.

I hear ya on knitting indecision. It's the call of the wild new project.

Thimbleanna said...

That looks like a wonderful cable. Yarns that stripe drive me nuts. Supposedly there are ways to prevent it from striping, but I can't imagine what they are. Your socks are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love the cable and the way it splits for the foot. I see what you mean about the stripe at the heel, but it won't show when you have the socks on.

WendyBee said...

Hi Caroline! I like your blog. I don't know how you found mine, but I'm glad you left me a comment! Thanks for the encouragement. Yes, I'd like to feel healthier too. I am not going to give up the idea of improving my health and fitness (and figure!), but I do want to dress better while I'm getting there. Great wool for a nice pair of socks!

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

See, I really like the yarn and the socks. I love blue and I love cables! I'm looking forward to your Second Sock.