Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Arwen Scarf

The alpaca yarn that my friend bought for me in Montana is called "Lupine Gardens," which is the perfect name for yarn with such nice subtle tones of purple and green. I should quit trying to take pictures at night so that maybe I can actually show the colors of the objects I'm trying to share. This pic doesn't do it justice.

This yarn is so wonderfully soft. Did I say something about knitting a beret last week? I don't know what I was thinking. I don't wear berets.  I do, however, wear scarves. I found the perfect scarf pattern to show off  in my beautiful yarn, and that will be perfect for the 175 yards of yarn in the skein. It's the the Arwen Keyhole Scarf. I'm funny about my knitting preferences. I don't want a project that's too easy, or I get bored; plus, I'm usually not too proud of doing things that require no skill. On the other hand, I like having a project that I can take in the care and not need to have a pattern along. This is the perfect fit for me.

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Ah, you hit the nail on the head -- I like a pattern that not basic, but easy enough to remember so that I don't have to look at the instructions every line. Very pretty scarf!

Rani said...

You should probably start wearing berets. You'll be channeling your funky inner self! That's so funny what you said about easy patterns. I have a car-kit. It's a K1, P1 hat that I knit while I'm doing the evening cab-driving to football and dance and stuff. IT. IS. SO. BORING! And I often think of the hat I can buy from Target for 4.99 that looks the same - even better. Gah. But it's what we knitters do.

WendyBee said...

So pretty. And interesting to watch the colors ebb and flow.