Friday, December 28, 2012

Merry Christmas

I love Christmas time, and I'm definitely not one of those people who throw the Christmas tree out the day after Christmas, particularly since we've had a "fake" tree for the last three or four years. Another reason that I'm not too quick to let go of Christmas decorations is that I usually don't get them up until the week before Christmas anyway. This year was no different. We had school until the 21st, so I was pretty busy until then. I was proud of some of my little displays this year though. I knit gobs of these little stockings several years ago and usually put them on the tree, but this year, I strung them across the fireplace, using some little clothespins I found in a tourist shop this fall.



I have no new knitting to show off after almost an entire week of vacation. I'm struggling still with finding a focus. I have tons of yarn but no vision for any of it. I know that Paige could use some mitts for riding her bike to classes early in the morning, and Kai says he'd like a "cowl," which kind of surprised but intrigued me. So, what am I doing? I'm messing around with making myself a cowl out of some random yarn that I found in my yarn basket, which has obviously been the victim of our kitty, sharpening her claws because it keeps fraying. Oh well, it will give me a good excuse if I decide once again to unravel and start something new, ha, ha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think of it as a "practice" cowl before you make Kai's. LOL

Hope you had a great Christmas. Now, I guess we are on the a NEW YEAR!!! Hope yours will be happy, healthy, and full of good knitting.

JayJay said...

I love the line of small stockings! I may have to steal that idea. ;)