Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Off To a Good Start!

The nice thing about not being a New Year's Eve partier is that New Year's Day is a nice, long, quiet day. I had one of my few nights that I couldn't sleep well, and ended up getting up at four o'clock. I worked on my latest cowl and read some blogs, and then after a little nap, I went for a seven-mile run. I'm so enjoying this vacation and having my main responsibilities be to exercise and knit, and occasionally cook.

I made kale pesto tonight. Russ loved it. Kai, not so much. I looked up a couple of recipes, but I basically just substituted kale for pesto in a basic pesto recipe. I sauteed some red onion and red bell pepper with some langoustine,  and added that to my pesto, and we had a pretty nice supper.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A 7-mile run? Wow! That's quite the start to the new year.

Some day maybe I'll get to that mileage. Right now --- bad knee --- so it's just walking for me.

Knittings Nice! said...

Happy New Year....your so good doing such a run. Not sleeping eh, funny enough not sleeping at the moment, on compiter time 4.08 am, absolutely shattered ah well!

Thimbleanna said...

It sounds like you're having a wonderful break -- especially with the time to run! Good thing you don't live here -- you'd be slipping around on the ice. Happy New Year!!!

JayJay said...

I am envious! My break seems to have been taken over by work. ;P