Monday, December 03, 2007

Christmas Bunny




I knit a Christmas bunny this weekend. I've mentioned before...at least ten times, I'm sure, that I love Julie's little cotton rabbits. Someday I would like to buy one but it seems unlikely considering she has hundreds of people on her mailing list, so I've tried to knit my own little bunnies. I've never been completely happy with my past attempts. I do like Barbara Prime's patterns that she sells in her ETSY shop, This Chrismas bunny is my latest evolution of her Easter bunny pattern, and I love him and his little sweater. He wasn't cheap to knit exactly since I used a skein of Karabella Aurora 8 which is about nine dollars a skein. For his sweater I used some red Brown Sheep sock yarn and some ridiculously expensive cashmere that I bought a while back for no reason whatsoever.

Garnstudio and Drops Design is one of those great sites that I don't visit enough. They have so many free patterns that I always overwhelmed. I have a kind of wish list in my bookmarks of some their designs but I haven't knit any of them yet. Yesterday I was checking on Knit n Lit, and she had a great link to Garnstudio's advent gift to their users, an advent calendar. It's so cheerful I wish I could just take the month off and knit all of their patterns.

8 comments:

Mari said...

Very Cute! Is this destined to be a gift? What a lucky person. :)

Britt-Arnhild said...

Thanks for the link to Garnstudio. What a cute advent calendar.

Tracy said...

Such a sweet bunny! Granstudio is one of my favorite yarn/knitting sites--that advent calendar is great fun! Happy stitching...((HUGS))

Tracy Batchelder said...

Your bunnies always turn out so cute! Will you be keeping this one for yourself?

Janice said...

Your bunny is so cute! I'm heading over to look at patterns now! I have one of Julies' little bears and he is so cute. I know I will probably never 'win' another.. but it's fun to look!

marit said...

Oh, he is so cute! Love his sweater too...

Cloudberry said...

Cute bunny! I have to order that pattern too ;)

Garnstudio is one of my favourites too. Lots of great patterns!

Have a great weekend and happy knitting :)

Nadege said...

Your bunny rabbit is really cute. I went to the e\Etsy shop to buy the pattern but wasn't sure which one you knitted. Care to share?

Nadege Armour
knit_fool@yahoo.com