Monday, December 24, 2007

God Julaften


I don't have all of my "Christmas knitting" complete, but I rarely worry about that. All of my projects this year were for my sister and her kids, and she and I consider it Christmas until we've finished sending Christmas cards and Christmas presents, which sometimes doesn't happen until the middle of January!

Somehow, we're ready for Christmas Eve with our little family though...except not a cookie has been baked yet. We're planning to remedy that this morning. Russ is already preparing some sugar cookie dough. We saw a segment on Food Network last night about Eleni's Cookies, and he thinks that our kids should be able to create some works of art at least as good as hers. Mmmmm. We usually have a Danish meal on Christmas Eve. I went to our favorite butcher shop yesterday hoping to buy some Swedish sausage, which is my replacemnt for medisterpolse (Danish sausage). They didn't have any, but they had "country" sausage, which sounded pretty close.

On the 26th, we are heading for San Francisco to meet my brother and his family for a few days. They are flying in from Alabama, so we're very excited to see them. They lived there years ago, so we'll pretty much rely on them for the itinerary. The highlight of the visit is that we have ticket to see the Nutcracker Ballet on Thursday night.

6 comments:

marit said...

God Jul! Have a great stay in SF- I lived there for a year in 1983.84, and went to see the Nutcrakcer- my first and only ballett- and it was great! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Anonymous said...

That's a cute mouse family :-)

God jul.

Tracy Batchelder said...

Have a fun week!

Rani said...

Gledileg Jol!

Merry Christmas and a very happy new year to you and yours.

Tracy said...

God Jul til alle dere! ;o) A little Norwegian for you, which is very similar to Danish. Hope you and your family are having a wonderful holiday! Blessings to you in the New Year! ((HUGS))

Julie said...

Hey! I have that same Boyd's bear sitting on my bookshelf right now! Eerie....