Saturday, April 26, 2008

Cupcakes



I've been toying with an idea for my nieces for Christmas. I'm going to try to knit them a "bakery." My mom did something similar for me when I was little. She put together a store for me by opening cans upside down for months. I don't exactly remember how she set it all up, but I do remember loving it. There are so many patterns for knit "food" around that I think I can knit up enough stuff to make up a wonderful imaginary bakery. I'm going to knit a couple more cupcakes from BeeKnit's pattern; donuts from Kat Knit's pattern; slices of pie from Pie Knit's pattern; and slices of cakes from Bitter Sweet's pattern. I also found a bunch of really cute patterns for biscuits and cakes on Jean Greenhowe's free patternlink on her site. I don't plan to mention my plan to my sister even, and I've drafted Russ to figure out how to make some trays for everything to be displayed on.


I finished one of Paige's Tyrolian stockings. It looks darling on Paige's foot, and I'm ready to start the second one right away. No second socks syndrome for me!

Gidget says that pink stockings are lovely.

12 comments:

Willow said...

Those are really cute! A bakery is a great idea for your nieces. Little Cotton Rabbits (on my blog links) has cupcakes, too.

I'd like to put you on my links. Is that ok with you?

Suzanne said...

Really cute cupcakes and sock.

marit said...

Love the idea for your nieces- the cupcakes are really cute! Great sock too:-)

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!! My Marta would LOVE a cupcake like this. She is very clever making real cupcakes.

I am no good in reading English/American patterns, but may be I could figure out how to make it just from the photo.......

JayJay said...

What a neat idea! Itty Bitty Nursery has patterns for a tea set as well. It includes plates, spoons, cups, and even sugar cubes.

The sock looks lovely! What a nice shade of pink.

Tracy said...

Cupcake and socks...both very tasty--LOL! The cupcakes are wonderful...and the socks are just beautiful, love that pattern in perfect pink! FAB! Happy Days ((HUGS))

Tracy Batchelder said...

What a great gift idea. I love the way the cupcakes turned out. Hadn't seen the pattern for the slice of cake before...now I want to knit one.

The sock turned out perfectly!

TheBlackSheep said...

Cute cupcakes, cute socks

and a really cute dog.

Sorry, I'm partial :P

Willow said...

Thanks! I've linked to you. Now I can find you when my mind does its thing and I can't remember blognames. Not to worry--I have added at least half of my links w/o asking. :)

I'm pleased that you like to read my blog.

Rani said...

What a cute idea!! They'll love that.

Nice socks! And no SSS to boot.

Willow said...

Caroline,
I read your comment about The Girl of The Limberlost. Yes, I know about the book. My mother owned it, I read it, and I now have the book and its sequel Freckles. I had not heard of the book you mentioned. I'll ask at the library next time I go. Sounds interesting--I don't mind sappy if it's well written. Especially if there's a garden involved- it might be a little like The Door In the Wall.

monica said...

Gidget is definitely right the pink socks are lovely

Those cupcakes are too cute.