Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Great Weekend





My sister and her family used to live three hours from us, and we would complain that we only got to see each other a couple of times a month. Then they moved to Indiana! I hate having them live so far away since we rarey see each other now. In fact, I have a year- old neice who I hadn't seen until this weekend. They flew into Sacramento and we spent the weekend together before they headed north to my parents' house another 250 miles away. We had a wonderful time together. We visited the Railroad Museum at Old Town Sacramento one day and the Capitol building on the next. I hadn't realized that our Capitol was so nice. One of my pics is of the kids standing in front of a statue of Columbus with Queen Isabella. The kids love each other, and I love seeing my kids enjoy their younger cousins. None of this was knitting related, except that I intend to knit for my neices and nephews more after seeing how cute they are (not that I didn't already know that). Little Quenby wore the alpaca hat that I bought at the Arcata Farmer's Market this summer most of the time because it was soooo cold.Another great thing was that I also had five hours driving to Sacramento to knit almost continuously, except when Russ decided that he needed a break from his driving duties. What a perfect weekend.

1 comment:

KnittenKnots said...

Looks like a fun weekend! My family is about 4 1/2 hours away and I love a good get-together. Your Wool Shop and PJs are too cute!!