Thursday, January 04, 2007

If You Can't Finish One Project, Start Another!






I mentioned my daughter's fifty dollar scarf several entries ago, the one that was going to make her fall in love with knitting. Well, she hasn't, and I've been monotonously trying to finish it because she does love the way it looks. It has graduated to the seventy dollar I scarf, I'm afraid. I'm out of yarn, and it's not long enough! Yikes, I never intended to spend so much on an accessory. It is beautiful though, and Paige will wear it....at least once!



So, I decided to begin another project, the little sleepy bear in a lambsuit in Debbie Bliss's The Baby Knits Book. It seems like it will be pretty easy. I haven't had a lot of experience knitting toys, but I've always been intrigued by them.

This has nothing to do with knitting, but I'm also including a few pictures of a "surprise" that came in the mail yesterday. My sister-in-law sent Paige a delicious Crate and Barrel care package. It contained two Ina Garten mixes, one for lemon pound cake and one for brownies. heavenly....also already prepared and eaten:(



No comments: