Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Loving Those Bunny Slippers!


I told Russ that this is officially my last "do whatever I want" day. It's been so long since I've worked on my thesis that it will take me awhile to get reacquainted with what I've already completed. I need to finish The Language of Baklava which has some great food imagery (obvious from the title!). I'm ready to start getting more organized, and I probably need to re-read my novels that I'm planning to use that use food imagery extensively. I have already reread Pears on a Willow Tree which has some great references to Polish food in it. I remember that Paradise of the Blind
has a lot about Vietnamese food preparation in it, but I can't remember any details, so I have a lot of work ahead of me.


So, how did I spend my last lazy day? I read other peoples' knitting blogs and knit the bottom portion of the bunny slippers. The bottom part will be felted, but the cuffs, which will be in pink, are not.
Besides loving the feel of the Nahua yarn, I have gotten to use my new surina swivel knitting needles to knit the little ears. They remind me of the old Brittany walnut knitting needles, both the feel and look of them.What a great day.

No comments: